Wedding bells & Blue Angels

There are two big events in Moon Township, PA, this weekend: my sister’s wedding and the annual Pittsburgh air show. I love the air show, and living just across Business 60 from the runways has its plusses. For example, sitting directly underneath the flight path of the performers with a great view of the loops, dives and takeoffs from my own front yard is one of the coolest happenings of the summer. Earlier today I watched the Blue Angels practice their routes for tomorrow’s big show, and later I rehearsed my own routes for tomorrow’s big wedding (take mom’s arm, walk up the aisle), both scheduled to begin at 2:30 p.m. To be honest, we’re a little concerned as the air show always brings a lot of traffic to the area, and to compound that, the F-18s require a few more restrictions than the usual Thunderbirds, causing all of Business 60 to close down tomorrow from 2 to 4:30ish. The local streets (along which sit our house, church and the site of the reception) might be crowded, and loud. Flyovers are awesome, but perhaps not in the middle of my sister’s nuptials. Congratulations, Stacy and Bill, and to everyone else, enjoy the show.

Comments