Red, Freddy and PirateFest: Day 1

I'm heading down the David L. Lawrence Convention Center in a few minutes with a couple goals in mind. First, I want to be one of the first Pirate fans to see Lefty McThump himself, Adam LaRoche, in black and gold... or will it be red? That's goal #2: check out the new alternate unis. And thirdly, last summer I was way caught up in FreddyFest, also known as the 2006 All-Star Game. As such, I bought a #12 Sanchez National League All-Star jersey, and it's my goal today to get batting champion The Rake himself to sign it. Here's hoping.

Also, just wanted to post this picture I took with my phone a few weeks back:



Yup, that's my proud Mii after I Wii-bowled a 300, a.k.a. a perfect game--12 straight Wii-strikes sure beats real-bowling in the 140s. Like I said to Wilsey in an email, this was definitely my proudest "sports" moment since I knocked Stewie down in that football game freshman year. Oh, the memories.

Comments

Chris said…
when i played that ad desocios i got two strikes then a lot of gutter balls.

that's definitely impressive.