Super Bowl!

Update 11:52: Well, my Internet crapped out on me and as far as this blog's concerned, the second half never happened. To sum it up: Peyton Manning and Tony Dungy won it for the good guys and the FedEx "ground sounds slow" commercial ended up being probably my favorite. Plus, Robert Goulet and Ricardo Montuban both made appearances. It was fun, maybe we can do it again sometime... Peace.

Update 8:02: What is up with Mr. Clutch, Adam Vinatieri? Is it the Patriots curse? Is he hiding a New England jersey under his Colts garb? The half comes to and end, Indy 16, Bears 14. Commercials I liked from the first half: FedEx ships to the moon, Dave and Oprah in love. Yellow sighing machine was memorable. Fist bump is out, heart didn't stand a chance... eh. My wild card is the Garmin Power Rangers, still not sure. Bud Light has put in a solid performance so far (dalmation, English class), and I feel like there were some others that were ok but I already forgot. OK, break for the half. See you in quarter three.

Update 7:55: Mr. Hadley tries a Coke, tries lots of things. Lovie ices Vinatieri. Those are three crazy words in a row.

Update 7:52: Something like that (two consecutive fumbles) almost happens every time I actually talk about football. So I won't. There was definitely an Amber Brkich / Boston Rob sighting on that Amazing Race All-Stars preview. I bet they still go to the Beaver Valley Mall.

Update 7:50: Sorry about the delay, I had some connectile disfunction there. Shame about Benson. And I'm guessing the reason you've got to watch out for Urlacher is not only because "he's so tall." Call me, crazy. The Colts really are moving the ball. Oh, man fumble!.. Bears ball. WAIT, Grossman loses the ball. This is rediculous. Colts ball.

Update 7:39: Don't do it, yellow sighing machine thing!!! Didn't quite understand why he was so obsessed with quality, but you really did feel for him, ya know? I think it was the sighing thing.

Update 7:37: Fist bump is out. And then poor heart didn't stand a chance. Both solid efforts. It's really raining. Way to go, sunny Miami.

Update 7:35: Oh yeah, the game. Colts power home a TD to take the lead: 16-14.

Update 7:30: Those were both somewhat disturbing (Dorito's check-out girl and Men taking their shirt off to wash a Chevy). Verdict: Not cool.

Update 7:25: The Budweiser dalmation-look alike dog was cool, and then the Garmin Power Rangers rip-off was crazy. I think I liked it.

Update 7:23: Nice drive from the Colts, but they couldn't put it in the end zone. Chi-Town 14, Indy 9.

Update 7:16: I like that Coke "Grand Theft Auto" commercial. That's one they could've debuted tonight and it'd be in my top 3 so far. The first quarter really was nuts. I was legitimately more interested in the game than the commercials, which is saying something (plus the commercials weren't anything great). We'll see if that continues. Peyton shows off his lazer rocket arm to open the 2nd.

Update 7:10: You hate to see anybody injured, especially in the Super Bowl. Question: Is that Budweiser "don't hold back" song a real song, or a song created for the commercials, because if it's the latter it should never be played otherwise. Glad to see Benson on his feet.

Update 7:05: What a crazy quarter so far. Good call on the pushout, then Cedric Benson fumbles and Colts recover. I gotta say, as far as frozen pizzas go, Red Baron is the way to go. I'm going Supreme tonight and enjoying it muchly. Their crusts could be thicker and breadier, but toppings-to-sauce ratio and tastiness marks are both high.

Update 7:00: Are those all real Chevy songs? Chevy is scary. Bud Light ESL was funny. Oh man, best yet: Dave and Oprah in love. Dave and Oprah in love!!

Update 6:54: Wow. Addai fumbles, Chicago's ball. Thomas Jones does a Willie Parker impression, 52 yards, but no TD... yet. Bears on the 4. Wait, there it is: Grossman TD to Moose Muhammad. Extra point good: Bears 14 Colts 6.

Update 6:50: FedEx ships to the moon! And they used Job Bluth's music... "The final countdooown." Devin Hester x2: Fumble! Colts ball! This is exciting stuff so far.

Update 6:48: TD Colts! Peyton to Wayne... Oops, botched extra point. Chicago 7, Indy 6. Let's hope Indy's special teams aren't the difference here tonight. Again, sucks that it's raining.

Update 6:44: Man, I really hate those heavy bone bruises. I'm glad the Colts are in white, and the Bears in blue. Great uniforms tonight. Much better than last year's metallic blue Seahawks and white Steelers digs. (Steelers in black trumps all, however.)

Update 6:41: Tracy Morgan always makes me smile :) Sierra Mist is trying hard. That beard combover dude makes a million commercials. Sucks that it's raining in Miami.

Update 6:37: Ha. With Blockbuster you don't have to use a mouse. Get it? A mouse. (Netflix is better.)

Update 6:34: I really don't plan on talking too much about football, because my pizza will be done soon and that's not really why I watch the Super Bowl. But, I must say this, last year I was one of those millions of people watching the Super Bowl "world-wide" (a 6 a.m. kickoff in Thailand) and this is WAY better. The announcers explained a "forward pass" and the commmercials were for English Premiere League Soccer. My oven just beeped, and Peyton was just picked off. The Bear fans in Miami are into it.

Update 6:30: Indy can't do the same. Peyton Manning takes over on the 30. I'm not sure what I think of Hester's ponytails, but hey, he just ran back the opening kickoff.

Update 6:27: Hester makes the Indy special teams look silly. TD Bears. Yowzers.

Update 6:24: Bears win the coin toss, they'll recieve. Here come some commercials. Will we see any new Peyton Manning classics tonight?

Update 6:20: No one reads this, so this is amazingly pointless, but I see everybody doing it, so, so will I: A Super Bowl running live-blog. Let the blogcitement begin!

The Piano Man did a nice job of the Star-Spangled Banner. Nothing over-the-top, just Billy Joel and a piano. Classy and well-done. Commercials so far: Chad Johnson's Super Bowl party wasn't particularly memorable, but sort of a funny concept. Maybe if they show it again I'll have more to say.

OK, go Peyton Manning. (Because I'm into 6'4" quarterbacks with lazer rocket arms.)

Comments