Baseball

For anyone interested in baseball and/or blogs, you should definitely be reading Curt Schilling's 38 Pitches. I can't speak for all the content (because I haven't read it), but his Q+As provide really interesting access into the mind of a professional athlete I'd say I've never heard anywhere else. The post-game blurbs on FSN or in the Post-Gazette just don't hold a candle to the candid insight Schilling is dishing out. Say what you want about Curt Schilling, but don't say it until you've read 38 Pitches.

Speaking of, I do realize the Pirates are playing, are 4-5, and I've been watching them and paying attention--I just haven't mentioned it. My thoughts now: it's early, and we're 4-5. I'll have more to say in a couple of weeks, when Adam LaRoche will be hitting above .100, Salomon Torres will be somewhere in between perfect (vs. Houston) and perfectly awful (vs. St. Louis), and the Buccos, if they're still right around .500 and in the top half of the division standings, will merit some discussion beyond Dejan's great work and the work of far superior bloggers like Pat, Cory, Rowdy, and Bones.

Comments