Blah

= How I feel. I've never had allergies before, but I'm assuming this is why I've been feeling crappy all spring.

= The Pittsburgh Pirates. They will never be good again. And this is not the sorry musings of a fairweather fan turned on by their .500 play in April. No, they're in a sorry, sorry state. No offense (none) to complement the decent pitching Littlefield has been maniacally stockpiling during his term as GM. We have two, maybe three, hitting prospects in the entire minor league system to go with our two, maybe three, capable major league hitters. We're awful. And based on management's "commitment" to winning (not firing Creech for assembling for the worst minor league system in baseball, not spending money, holding no one accountable...I'm looking at you Jim Tracy and Jeff Manto, and for giving Littlefield an extension for overseeing the whole debacle), there's no hope of anything changing. Ever. Go Bucs. 15 in a row here we come.

= Going back to school, which = My attitude towards doing anything, as in my future. I'm in the process of signing up for summer classes (at Pitt) and this is, I'm pretty sure, the last day I can, but about 0% of me is actually excited about doing this. Likewise, would I like a real job with a real salary so someday I can buy a house and support a family and do all that sort of normal stuff? Of course. Would I like to go out and get one, or take the steps necessary to acquire said "real" job and "real" life? Not really. And the same goes for a girlfriend. Just no motivation, really. Maybe being 24 is just sort of lame, I decided. And I got this feeling today that maybe that "post-China semi-depression" stuff that's supposed to happen finally is. I looked at a picture of some of my friends in Qinghuandao during our first week in China, and realized, it's been two years since I graduated college. Pretty nearly two years since I flew to LA and on to China to live a really exciting year of my life. How is it even possible that two entire years has gone by? That suddenly I went from 22 and graduating college and going to China to 24 and sitting here writing this...

= My attitude towards eating dinner right now. Part of me knows I'm sort of hungry, but part of me won't be surprised if I just sit here til Heroes.

= Me, writing this mySpace-like post for all to read. Oh well.

Comments

Jonathan Dodd said…
If any of you were very worried, I ate dinner. Let me know what you guys feel "blah" about.
Jason said…
I feel "blah" about the fact that my diet has nosedived recently. Eating a bagel, a half of a bowl of soup and a handful of peanut M&Ms isn't good. That's probably why I've been having migraines recently. But, thankfully, I'm going to buy some food from Wal-Mart tonight so I can cook over the next few days. Real meals, you know.
Brandon Zangus said…
I agree that our minor league system is sub par, and that management has done a bad job of going after bats in the draft. However, I'm still holding on to hopes for this year. I'm letting myself think that Freddy is going to come back to his old self, Jack will stay consistent, Laroche will pick it up, and Bay will be Bay. I'm still optimistic Duke will stay competitive, Maholm will get demoted, and Snell and Gorzy will pull us through. There hanging around in a division that I think will be up for grabs. Here's to hoping.
Brandon Zangus said…
If they lose 100 games, Ashley and I will move to China with you and root for this team http://www.cpbl.com.tw/Teams/Teambase.aspx?Tno=A02
anybody else that wants to come..please let me know.