Transient

So today I officially became a "transient" student, or so Robert Morris University calls me. In preparation to attend Pitt this fall and ultimately receive my Pennsylvania certificate of teaching or whatever it's called next spring, I have five pre-requisite classes I have to complete (in addition to my graduate work and student teaching, of course): two undergrad education classes, two college math classes and a literature class (...and most likely I will do the five at three different institutions of higher education). The literature class is the first I'll be getting out of the way: an on-line course on "myth" I hastily signed up for today. I've always been fascinated by the idea of the "myth" (particularly how it relates to Creation and General Revelation) as well as mythology, stories and the rest and am somewhat excited to take the class. (The books I got today were Beowulf, The Odyssey and a "re-telling" of Genesis.) Granted I haven't looked in any detail at the books' translators, Genesis is the only one I've already read (though who knows how much it will resemble my ESV translation), and I haven't the slightest idea about the set-up of the class, but, as I re-enter the world of academia for the next 11 months, hopefully this should be a somewhat of an engaging start.

Comments

Evie Hemphill said…
Good luck, Jon! I'm sure you'll enjoy it.