Derek Webb

I finally downloaded The Ringing Bell, and through listen one "This Too Shall Be Made Right" stood out both musically and lyrically. Check it out on your own (and the rest of the tracks) and definitely don't hesitate to pick up the newest release by one of the best artists around making music for the glory of God.

I didn't intend for this to be a review of any sorts, more just a personal comment, but I still don't think this album matches the brilliance of his solo debut She Must and Shall Go Free (as I would say about all of his follow-ups), and (for better or for worse) his Caedmon's stuff will always have a fond place in my heart... but, he's definitely putting together a solid discography. If you don't know Derek Webb. Do. His songs tend not to immediately blow you away, but they stick with you. Spend time with all his CDs... he has some important stuff to say.

UPDATE: I'm through listen two, and I'd also recommend "The End" and "A Love That's Stronger Than Our Fear."

Comments