Review: Ratatouille



I saw Ratatouille last night, and Brad Bird/Pixar didn't disappoint. Great, beautiful movie, and in the spirit of Amadeus and it's presentation of the music of Mozart, I truly feel like I've gained an appreciation of food and specifically culinary Paris, all because of a rat named Remy and a director named Brad. Building off of his previous Pixar film, Bird again tackles the idea of being "incredible." In The Incredibles he told us that there are indeed special/gifted/incredible/great people in the world, and this time he defined it a bit more, saying that while not everyone is great, greatness can come from anywhere. (Pay attention to the food critic's speech at the end, because he says exactly that.) I could tell you a lot of reasons why I liked this movie (the voice acting of Peter O'Toole and Brad Garrett, for example), but rather, I'll just tell you to go see it for yourself, and be prepared for a treat.

Rotten Tomatoes
IMDb

P.S.
I'll be at the Pittsburgh Project this week. And... only two weeks til we leave for Sweden! A heads up for those of you who read my blog more than we actually talk: I'm not going to be studying at Pitt in the fall like I'd originally planned. Some stuff came up/happened, and basically that along with a lasting sense of uncertainty about the whole thing made me decide not to start back at school right now. I got asked to return to China, and I declined (again, for right now), but that made me really start to think more about my ministry here at the church, in the youth group, and about the relationships I've built since I started in November. It's been such an answer to prayer for me personally and a real privilege to be a part of the lives of some great, great kids. I would've kept working at the church even if I had started classes, but I'm wondering if this or something similar might be a part of a long-term call. College ministry, perhaps? Or seminary. But, most of all I know this is what God is calling me to do right now, and I'm satisfied. Along those lines Jim Eliot's quote has been floating around my head: "Wherever you are, be all there." I look forward to building on the solid foundation I have now at the youth group (by being "all there") and look forward to the Lord's plans for this next year. He's affirmed to me again that they are indeed His plans, and when I do hear His call for me to go, I'm ready to say, "Here I am."

Comments