We still have lots of work to do

I've started tracking this blog's stats (using BlogPatrol), as in how many people are, and, as much as I can gather, who is visiting my blog (or at least how). The most interesting things for me to see have been what OS' and what web browsers you folks are using to view and enjoy Doddfodder. Here are the crucials:

Of the last 14 visitors I've had, ten of you are using Windows XP, one Windows Vista and only three Mac OSX. That's not very good, folks.

This is even more shocking: Firefox vs. Internet Explorer is tied at seven, with IE7 beating out IE6 four to three (and no Safari views at all). I can understand the OS thing, as many of you are using family PCs at home or don't have the money for a Mac laptop or desktop or whatever your silly excuse might be for still using a Windows-based machine. But this web browser thing is inexcusable, as in, why/how/WHY?!? is anyone not using Mozilla Firefox?

Do you like tab browsing? Of course you do. Sweet add-ons. Yup. Design and aesthetics and functionality. Cleanliness, speed, accuracy, reliability, pop-up freedom, friendship, and Google search bars? Firefox invented these things. Really, it did (all of them). And that's just the beginning. Please please give it a try--for your own sake and the sake of my blog-stats. I promise you that your Internet Explorer will never be missed.

Also, thank you Jme, the Wilseys and Yahoo search for referring me over the last 24 hours. Hopefully I can return the favor.

And finally, I'll refer back to myself, just for one last reminder of why I'm a Mac/Firefox/truth/beauty/goodness kind-of guy:

The Paperclip.


And one more time: GET FIREFOX.

Comments

Chris said…
I use Google Analytics (google.com/analytics) and I like it a lot.

Also, I agree completely with your aesthetic assessment. Now, if someone would just by me a black macbook... that would be great.
Jonathan Dodd said…
You had me at Google. Switch complete.
Jamie said…
Wait. I referred you what?
Jonathan Dodd said…
Somebody came to my blog from yours, thus a referral. I think I used that word right, anyway. Who knows. Words... We should play 1-on-1 Scrabble sometime so one of us can actually win. Maybe that's why we're down.