Quick! Name these two former Pirates



HINT: Both played a part in ending my childhood, and one is now baseball's Home Run King. 756 came earlier tonight, and so there that is.

I went through this stint in college where I wrote fairly often of my dislike for Bonds in The Cabinet, and it's still there. I wish I had some of those old articles to link to now, but to be honest with ya, at this point my frustration has moved from outsiders (Bonds, the NY Yankees, Tony La Russa) to squarely on the shoulders of the management of my Pittsburgh Baseball Club. I don't care a whole lot that Bonds has now hit more homers than any other ML baseball player ever (including 176 as a Pirate), many of which he hit juiced. What I care much more about is that it's been 15 years (yup, since 1992--as in, see players pictured above) since there was meaningful baseball in Pittsburgh past August and into September and (gulp) October.

Bonds can hit 756 more for all I care if the Pirates could just be good again.

Comments

Jason said…
Barry Bonds and...uh...Andy Van Slyke?
Chris said…
Skinny (not yet scary) Barry and good ole Sid Bream