Sylar is the new Spock



And he's from Pittsburgh. Here's an interview.

The new Trek movie, set for a Christmas 2008 release, is being directed by J.J. Abrams (of LOST fame) and will tell the story of a young Kirk and Spock, just starting off at Star Fleet Academy. Kirk has yet to be cast, though Matt Damon has been rumored. I think that'd be a great choice, but supposedly Abrams is looking "younger." Whatev. As for my opinion on Sylar as Spock--it's awesome he's from Pittsburgh, but I wasn't super impressed with Zachary Quinto's performance on Heroes. He pulls off creepy, but more often, I thought, he over-acted. Maybe I'm just still down on the whole show since the finale failed to live up to my "save the world" expectations. There are reasons why I'll watch Heroes next season (Hiro mostly) but I suppose now I can watch it to see the next Spock.

Live long, Zach, and kudos.

Comments