Giving it up

The decision's no longer in my hands. It's in His.

And here's some Derek Webb for the night:

I repent of my pursuit of America’s dream
I repent of living like I deserve anything
Of my house, my fence, my kids, my wife
In our suburb where we’re safe and white
I am wrong and of these things I repent

I repent of parading my liberty
I repent of paying for what I get for free
And for the way I believe that I am living right
By trading sins for others that are easier to hide
I am wrong and of these things I repent

I repent of judging by a law that even I can’t keep
Of wearing righteousness like a disguise
To see through the planks of my own eyes

I repent of trading truth for false unity
I repent of confusing peace and idolatry
By caring more of what they think than what I know of what we need
By domesticating you until you look just like me
I am wrong and of these things I repent

Comments

Psalm 38:15~ But for you, o Lord, do I wait; it is you, O Lord my God who WILL ANSWER.

Psalm 39:7~ And now, O Lord, for what do I wait? My hope is in you.

Psalm 138:1-3~ I give you thanks, O Lord, with my whole heart; before the gods I sing your praise; I bow down towards your holy temple and give thanks to your name for your STEADFAST LOVE AND FAITHFULNESS, for you have exalted above all things your name and your word. On the day I called,You answered me; the STRENGTH OF MY SOUL YOU INCREASED.