What I've been listening to:


This past week in the world of what I've been listening to, Wilco and Arcade Fire dominated when it came down to it. I just purchased Neon Bible from iTunes so that explains why I'm into Arcade Fire right now, and I've been listening to as much Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and A Ghost Is Born as I can, both spectacular albums I haven't spent enough time with. Jamie lent me the new Caedmon's Call album, Overdressed, so that has had some play time, too, but not a ton. And I listened to the Gorillaz' Demon Days album once through earlier today after I heard Feel Good, Inc. on the radio. Cool song, cool album. And that's the update. Let me know what you've been listening to and/or what I should be listening to, and you should be listening to Wilco and Arcade Fire.

Comments

Cool blog. I started leaving you a comment to tell you what I've been listening to, but then I decided just to make a blog about it, too. You should check it out.
Oh yeah, I was looking at Arcade Fire stuff on Amazon, and I almost ordered the Neon Bible but I wanted to wait and ask you which one of their Cd's I should get first. Now I wish I would have just ordered it. Oh well.
Jonathan Dodd said…
I'd say start with Funeral then graduate to Neon Bible. They're both great in their own way, but I think I wouldn't have appreciated the choices Arcade Fire made for Neon Bible as much if I didn't know Funeral first. Just my $.02
Okay,sounds good. Thanks for the advice.
Anonymous said…
Man, Dodd you are so hip.
You should check out M Ward and Blonde Redhead.
Jonathan Dodd said…
Sam, as I remember you were into "hip" bands way before I was.. I remember Sufjan playing incessantly from your Mac and me thinking, "what IS this??" I'll check out your recommendations.
Jamie said…
Yay for Sufjan...I need to listen to his other albums and not just Illinois. Derek Webb has dominated most of listening time. Although today I put my ipod on shuffle, which I never do, so that was exciting. We need to figure out a date for our music sharing party....